The most affordable transvaginal ultrasound price in the Philippines is ₱750. Meanwhile, the most expensive is ₱3,150 in which patients get a TVS procedure with 3D/4D imaging.
Pregnant women must have an abdominal ultrasound test during their prenatal examination.
Aside from this ultrasound type, women can choose to have a transvaginal ultrasound test now.
In the Philippines, the transvaginal ultrasound price is almost similar to the abdominal one.
Moreover, this medical test is available in many clinics in the country. Therefore, every Filipino woman can access this medical test easily. If you plan to get this procedure, you must understand more about it.
What is a Transvaginal Ultrasound
Transvaginal ultrasound is a modern imaging test. Similar to other types of ultrasounds, transvaginal ultrasound (TVS) uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of internal organs.
In this case, it is the image of highly detailed female reproductive organs, such as ovaries, uterus, pelvic area, tubes, and cervix.
However, the procedure of the transvaginal ultrasound is different.
1. Transvaginal Ultrasound Procedure
In a transvaginal ultrasound, a radiologist will insert a small ultrasound probe (transducer) inside the vagina canal. Is transvaginal ultrasound painful? Not at all.
This medical test is painless and perfectly safe, even for pregnant women. It is because the medical professional places the probe only 2 or 3 inches deep into the vagina. However, you may feel slightly uncomfortable when the medical professional inserts the transducer.
This procedure lasts for about 30 minutes to 60 minutes. These are what happens during a TVS procedure.
- A medical professional will ask you to lie down.
- He then will prepare the probe, such as lubricating it with gel. Next, he will insert the probe into the vagina canal.
- The transducer transmits sound waves, recording the reflection of the sound waves, and sends it to the ultrasound machine.
- The machine will transform the reflection into an image and the monitor will display the image.
Radiologists may perform different methods in doing the procedure. These differences affect the transvaginal ultrasound price that you must pay after getting the procedure.
2. Purpose of Transvaginal Ultrasound
Doctors perform transvaginal ultrasound procedures for various purposes.
- To get an extremely detailed image of your female reproductive organs or baby in the womb. The image produced by TVS is much better than that produced by abdominal ultrasound.
- To detect a fetus’ heartbeat at a very early stage of pregnancy.
- To determine the risk of premature birth.
- To detect abnormalities in the placenta, cervix, uterus, and other female reproductive organs.
3. Transvaginal Ultrasound Results
In general, you will get the result of the TVS procedure immediately. The radiologist will save the image shown on the monitor and analyze it. Next, he sends the results of the analysis to your doctor.
After that, your doctor will discuss the result with you. In addition, he will plan the appropriate treatment for you and give you the right prescription to relieve your symptoms and cure your condition.
When is a Transvaginal Ultrasound Performed?
A doctor will ask you to have a trans vagina ultrasound when they need to check your female reproductive organs closely.
They usually require you to have TVS when you show particular symptoms. You must get this imaging test when you:
- Experience menstrual problems or abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Show ectopic pregnancy symptoms
- Experience pelvic pain
- Having a fertility problem (infertile)
- Suffer from postmenopausal bleeding
- Need endometriosis diagnosis
- Need benign growths diagnosis
- Want to check the presence of IUD
- Have a high-risk pregnancy.
Transvaginal Ultrasound Price Philippines
How much is transvaginal ultrasound? The transvaginal ultrasound price varies between one method and another. Moreover, it also varies between one clinic and another.
Below is the estimated price of transvaginal ultrasound in the Philippines.
|(OB/GYN) Transvaginal Ultrasound with 3D/4D||Perpetual Succor Hospital||₱3,150|
|(OB/GYN) Transvaginal Ultrasound with 5D (Luminance) Early||₱3,150|
|TVS with Doppler||₱1,220|
|Transvaginal Ultrasound||Far North Luzon General Hospital and Training||₱750|
|Polymed Medical Service||₱900|
|Pampanga Women’s Ultrasound Center||₱1,100|
How Should I Prepare for a Transvaginal Ultrasound?
Generally, you do not need to do any preparations before having a transvaginal ultrasound. Sometimes, your doctor or radiologist will ask you to empty your bladder.
After that, he will ask you to remove your clothes from the waist down and wear the hospital gown. Next, your doctor or radiologist will start the transvaginal ultrasound procedure.
However, in some cases, doctors will ask the patients to do these things below.
- Patients must drink 950 ml of water or other beverages an hour before the TVS procedure.
- Patients must not urinate before the examination. They must come into the examination room with a full bladder.
Can patients follow a transvaginal ultrasound procedure if they are on their period? This procedure can be conducted when patients are on their period. In this case, they need to remove their tampon before the examination.
Risk Transvaginal Ultrasound
Transvaginal ultrasound is risk-free. So far, there is no known side effect from this procedure. This imaging test is even safe for pregnant women.
Mothers and babies will not be affected by this procedure because transvaginal ultrasound does not use radiation in its imaging technique.
However, it is common for patients to experience a kind of pressure when the radiologist places or moves the transducer inside their vagina. If you experience extreme discomfort, please communicate it with the radiologist.
Transvaginal ultrasound is a painless and safe procedure. This imaging test is ideal for detecting abnormalities in the female reproductive organs and monitoring a high-risk pregnancy.
The OB/GYN transvaginal ultrasound price is much more expensive than that of general transvaginal ultrasound.
Originally posted 2022-10-05 14:57:16.